Christmas 2011 is a year I will never forget.
We have a tradition in our family where we alternate every Christmas and Thanksgiving between families and this year it was our turn to be with the Christiansen's for Christmas. I remember two years ago when we had Christmas at my house that nephew was just about to turn 1 and how I remember talking to my family about how we couldn't wait for the next two years to pass so that we could watch Jake grow and see his reactions at Christmas when he would actually understand what was going on. Little did I know I would have TWO little nephews for this years festivities, even better.
Christmas was just perfect. The perfect combination of laziness, activities, family time, game time, movie time, relaxation time and play time.
The only thing that was not perfect.... the WHOLE family got the fue. Out of the 13 of us at our house this Christmas, only David and my brother lucked out of not getting the stomach flu. It wasn't one of those flu's either where everyone had it at once. Each day we would wake up and then find out that yet another person got sick that night. It was horrible and made it hard to do family activities together because there was always that one person who was out for the day. Luckily, it was only a 24 hour bug and passed through each person's body quickly. Nevertheless, it still sucked.
Because I finished with school this December I made an extra long vacation this year for Christmas, THREE wonderful weeks in warm and sunny California. Warm, I think would be an understatement though, it was 85 degrees plus almost the entire time. It was TOO hot! Plus, I got extra sick with the flu and ended up staying in bed for over a week and a half. It wasn't ideal, but I would much rather be sick while on an extended vacation at my parents house than while I would be at home with work and everything else to worry about.
Anyways, here are some pictures and videos of our Christmas. I love my family. What wonderful memories were made. I am so blessed.
 |
| It was a daily tradition to blow bubbles with Jake in the backyard. It's little things in life that count, right? |
 |
| This is what a pile of Christmas presents look like from six families. Wooo! |
 |
| We have our nice Christmas meal on Christmas Eve. One of my favorite traditions we do are Christmas poppers. They are silly little things that you pop and inside are paper crowns and even cheaper toys/gifts. Always so fun! |
 |
| I helped my nephew Jake get cookies and milk ready for Santa! He was so excited! |
 |
| This is the letter that Jake wrote to Santa. He told me exactly what to write, it was ADORABLE. If you can't read it- it says "Dear Santa, My name is Jake. I am two years old. I was a very good boy this year. I would like a razor scooter and a kite for Christmas this year. I hope you like the cookies. The carrots are for Rudolf. Thanks for the presents" haha! This boy is so awesome! |
 |
| Relaxing time! |
 |
| Merry Christmas from the (not so pretty) Hoggs! |
 |
| Both my sister and David were surprised with iPads. Priceless moments! |
 |
| My adorable nephew, Evan. He is such a joy. |
 |
| We had quite a few fire pits while we were in Cali. Why not when it feels like summer outside? |
 |
| Bringing in the New Year! |
 |
| We were blessed to have my Grandma come visit us for Christmas. Love you Grandma! |
 |
| Making popcorn/cinnamon/cranberry decorations for a tree. |
 |
Our poor cake. We attempted to make our first fondant cake for my parents wedding anniversary. Needless to say, the cake tasted great :)
|
|
|
| |
I MISS YOU GUYS SOOOO much!!! Loved this post. Ya'll are awesome. Sorry to hear you had the flu but I'm glad you still had a good time. XOXO
ReplyDelete