Even though this year has been fantastic so far, it is very much a routine right now, which doesn't really allow for anything really interesting for me to blog about.
What my week usually consists of:
1. Working my three jobs (60 hour weeks are exhausting).
The internship I have right now is a competitive internship, meaning that there are six interns and two full time spots at the end. I really want to have one of those spots. I love my job and want to stay with this firm so much! Only problem right now is that it is unpaid, so I have to work other jobs to pay my bills. I don't mind working all of these hours though because David is gone all day either working or studying and so I don't really have anything else to do anyways.
2. Working out (I try to run a 5k 4 times a week, plus weights).
I've lost 20lbs in the past year and it's been tough. People have always told me that it gets easier, and it does to some degree, but it's still a struggle going to the gym most days. So whether I go at 7am or 11pm, I usually try to get in a good run with some weights. Discipline sure does suck.
3. Driving my husband to school
I am too nervous to let him ride his bike to campus when it is snowy/icy outside and so I have to wake up extra early to drop him off... I just love him like that.
4. Cleaning (I seriously have OCD).
Anyone who knows my dad can understand where this is coming from, because I get my OCDness from him. I am super paranoid about the cleanliness of my apartment and the way it smells. I really love having a clean apartment which smells nice (hence my obsession with candles). I can't concentrate on anything until my house is clean. It is a huge burden but is also a huge blessing.
5. Cooking (not as much as as I would like).
I love cooking and experimenting in the kitchen. Unfortunately, my lack of time and funds hasn't allowed me to cook as much as I would like. David doesn't get home from work or school until at least 11:00pm (and that's on a good night) and so cooking week night dinners doesn't really exist. I've been obsessed with my juicer lately and so my average meal is fresh squeezed juice right now.
6. Missing my husband (a lot).
I love my husband so much. He is a trooper. Some people are naturally gifted to be good with school and grades, but it is a huge struggle for David. He spends hours and hours studying for tests and reviewing material for his classes and still doesn't do as well as he wants. It's hard for me to see David struggle with school after all of the hours he puts into studying and going the extra mile for every assignment, but he still pushes through every day. I am so proud of him and for all of the hard work he does, but that doesn't mean that I can't miss him a lot. Both of us are just anxious for this semester to be over with.
-----
Even with a routine life right now, it is still fantastic. I am so blessed to have such fantastic family, friends and co-workers. I have learned how to manage my time more wisely and to take advantage of every second I can when I am with my husband.
Life is great. I love everything about it.
Some recent events:
![]() |
| I got a new look! What do you think? |
![]() |
| Even though he doesn't look happy in this picture, he was thoroughly enjoying his massive hamburger. |
![]() |
| I just love him! |
![]() |
![]() |
| David had a long day at school and so when he came home I had a fun and relaxing night planned. |
![]() | |||||
| David is a candyholic and so he loved this candy bouquet that he could enjoy during our movie night. |
![]() |
| One of my childhood best friends, Miriam, moved to Provo! I love this girl so much and we always have a good time! |







No comments:
Post a Comment