Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Juice Fast....

If any of you have Netflix you need to watch the documentary called Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. This documentary is great and has inspired David and I go to on a 10 day juice fast for a good detox and to reboot our bodies. Sounds like fun, ya?! I think so.

For our anniversary we bought a juicer for each other and have been practicing recipes for the past week or so. Some are good, some... not so much. We've been slowly transitioning ourselves into this full out juice fast which literally consists of nothing but freshly squeezed fruit and veggies, and water.

Today is day #1 of 10. Whew. One down, nine to go! The first few days are always the hardest. You are just so hungry and get bad headaches and nausia (at least for me). The juice really does fill you up, but not for long. I find myself juicing at least 4-5 times a day which loads of water in-between.

I've done juice fasts before and the first few days are always the hardest. I just need to stick through these next few days before I start feeling better. As of now, I'm just hungry and trying to stay distracted.

Wish me luck! 

Lots of fruit! 


This is only some of the fruits and veggies. Our fridge is PACKED! Love it!

My favorite juice: Apple-Strawberry. 

Tropical blend of pineapple, apple, lime, strawberry, orange and carrot. Not bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment