I got in a bad bike accident a few years ago when I was mountain biking, and have been scared of bikes ever since. I don't like going fast on bikes or riding near cars due to fears that I will either fall or get hit, so this experience has been an interesting one so far.
My first day out on my bike I almost died. I decided to ride up a mountain, which was not a good idea. I didn't know you actually had to be in really good shape to ride a bike. Going up the hill I was breathing heavier than I ever have in my life. Not only that, but I was going so slow that people walking could pass me. BUT I NEVER GOT OFF! I stayed on my bike the whole time even though my body was telling me to get off and walk the rest of the way up. When I got to the top, my chain fell off. I was really mad, and scared. I called David to tell me what to do but of course my phone died. So a half hour later, blood and grease everywhere, I FIXED it! I was so proud of myself. But the worst was yet to come, I had to go back downhill. yikes. This bike is super fast! Like really really fast. So fast it scares the crap out of me (not literally though, but almost). Going downhill was awful, It was so steep and I could just feel my bike pushing to go faster.
I was a wimp and had the brakes on the whole time.
When I got home, I had to have David teach me how to ride this bike like I was a child. It was awful. Since that I have taken the bike out for a few more rides. They have all gone better and I am proud to say that I dont ride my brakes the whole time I go downhill now (although, I do most of the time).
If you see me riding around Provo, please dont make fun of me. Im new at this, and am learning as I go. My body has been sore since Ive gotten the bike, and I love it! I love being sore knowing that Im doing good to my body. I love bike riding and have been told that this is addicting. Im starting to see why.
Thought of the Day:
We had Ward Conference this morning in church and had such a spiritual excperience. Our bishop is amazing, and he is such a role model to me. He talked to us about turning our tough and difficult situations into "lucky ones" and looking at them as blessings. With that said...
I am so lucky for the trials in my life. It is through these lucky times in my life that I grow into a better person and learn more about what I am capable of doing and learn more about Christ and my Heavenly Father. Without these trials, I would not realize the blessings in my life that I take advantage of everyday. I am a very lucky and blessed person.
No comments:
Post a Comment