Thursday, March 25, 2010

Happy Birthday Lisa!

Today is my mother-in-laws birthday!

Lisa is such an amazing woman and I am so so grateful to be in such a loving and wonderful family. Now, if you don't know Lisa, let me tell you a little about her...

Lisa is the most unselfish and hard working woman you will ever meet. You will never have a dull moment when you are around her and you will always be full of smiles and great company.

Lisa is an amazing mother. She would do anything for anyone of them, and all of her kids adore and respect her like their best friend, which she is. She knows how to have a good time and would never turn down an opportunity to play board games, watch Audrey Hepburn movies, or a good game of croquet.

Lisa is a master musician. When I first moved to Washington I remember being in my church building and hearing someone play the piano and thinking that it was the most beautiful music I have ever heard. When I opened the door to see who was playing, lo and behold it was Lisa. She has established this love of music to every member of her family, which I admire greatly.

If any of you know Lisa, you know her cinnamon rolls and waffles. She is known for them, as they are famous for the fact that they will kill you. Kill you of happiness and kill you from a heart attack if you eat too many of them. lol. They are wonderful, and I hope one day to make them only a fraction as good as she does.

Overall, Lisa is my hero, and I look up to her so much. I couldn't have a better mother-in-law. She is such a great example of what a mother should be like and I try to live after her example everyday.

Happy Birthday Lisa!

A photo of Lisa at our Wedding.

1 comment: