It's been a while but all is well. I'll try to catch you up with my life...
I GRADUATED!
The graduation part was very anti-climatic. I was done with school in December and was already working full time. What I LOVED about it though was that my family (I consider David's family my family as well) were able to come down for the week to celebrate. I unfortunately got a bad cold the day everyone flew into town (of course during the very few times I get sick during the year). It was a big bummer considering I was hosting eight people in my tiny little apartment. All I wanted to do was sleep and rest but that was impossible. I was exhausted and I felt awful because I wanted to enjoy being with my family as much as I could. I only see them a couple times a year! Even being sick, we had so much fun together and I can't wait to live closer to family one day. Love you guys!
| With David and his family |
| With my ma and pa |
I loved my internship I had during the winter semester and was so excited when they offered me a full time position. I graduated on a Friday and started working full time that Monday. Every graduates dream! I feel so grown up having a 9-5:30 work day and a salary. Most importantly though- I LOVE my job. I work at a marketing agency and so everyday is a different adventure and pairs perfectly with my PR degree. I work with our legal related clients so I work with a lot of attorneys and prominent people in the community. It's a great experience. My initial intimidation of working in law firms has faded and I now enjoy great relationships with a lot of attorneys. I don't know what I was so scared of at first- lawyers are some of the most kind and inspiring people I know. They are a great example and role model to me on how to be a better member in the community and overall person.
I work in both downtown Salt Lake City and Provo, which is fantastic! I like working in Provo because the office is only three minutes away from my apartment (score!) but I also love working downtown in Salt Lake City as well because it gets me out of Provo (double score!). The office in Salt Lake City is gorgeous! The view is tremendous and overlooks the entire downtown scene. We are located right next to the temple and the new City Creek Center mall. I love downtown and would love to live in a big city one day (I don't think David would go for it though...)
![]() |
| The view. I need to take a newer picture. This is the only one I have and was taken back in January (notice the snow on the buildings). |
I got called to be the gospel doctrine teacher in our ward. I cried whenever I was asked to be the teacher because this is literally one of my biggest fears. I never cry, so when I do you know something is up. David was sitting right next to me and was in shock because he understands what it takes to make me cry. Even though every part of me did not want to accept the call, I did. It's funny how things work out. It's been great though because I have been able to study the scriptures with more depth than I ever have before. Even though the calling is still a struggle and makes me sick to my stomach every time I think about it, I am very glad that I accepted it. There is a certain level of success and ego booster when you accomplish one of your greatest fears. It gives me a feeling that I can accomplish anything and how fear is no excuse. I DID IT!
This whole accomplishing a great fear thing has brought a whole new outlook to life. Another thing that I am terrified about is having a baby and becoming a parent. It TERRIFIES me and is probably my greatest fear of all. (WHAT! A Mormon girl being afraid of having babies). Yes. It's not the pregnancy part that scares me and labor really doesn't freak me out either. It's the whole what you do with the kid after its here type of thing. I love kids and always have. I have always wanted to be a mother and I know one day I will. I do know that now is not the right time for David and I to have kids and I am perfectly ok with that. In fact I enjoy it. But this whole experience of being asked to face one of my greatest fears has given me faith that I can accomplish my greatest fears and still be alive and loving life!!
![]() |
| My rock and tear wiper. |
So now that I am a grown up (HA, like that will ever happen) and have more responsibilies our summer plans aren't as exciting as they usually are. This summer won't be full of spontaneous trips like our previous summers but I am still looking forward for some good ol' summer fun. We are going on a Mexican cruise this August with my family (my first cruise, yay!) and at some point we will head up to Seattle for a long weekend (love Seattle!). Other than that we are just enjoying lots of friends and outdoor time in Utah. We have an amazing ward who keeps up busy socially and are enjoying lots of bike rides, hiking, walks and drives through Utah almost every day. I just love summer and being able to spend time with the hubby. Life is just great. I am seriously so blessed.




Congratulations :-]
ReplyDeleteAll of that sounds awesome. I'm proud of everything you've accomplished recently!
I seriously miss you guys sooo much. Come down here and visit!!! PLEASE!!! Arkansas needs EMILY AND DAVID... and I need them too! Congrats on the graduation, the job, and the calling. That sounds like a really challenging calling but I'm sure you're rocking it. Once, I was the youth Sunday school teacher... That was a super hard calling for me because I was only like 2 years older than the oldest youth but it was a neat experience. LOVE YOU EM!!!
ReplyDelete