I've been asked by a TON of people for this spectacular chili recipe. My friend Susan nicely shared it with me and I will probably never turn to another chili recipe again. Enjoy my friends!
olive oil
s & p
1 medium spanish onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 jalapeno peppers, minced
1 T brown sugar
1 T chili powder
1 T cumin
1 t cayenne
1/2 t cinnamon
1 T cilantro, chopped
1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes in juice
4 (15 oz) cans beans, rinsed and drained (I usually do 1 black, 1 pinto, and 2 red kidney)
1/4 c honey
1/4-1/2 c veg stock
(If you don't like it as spicy, just omit or use less of the jalapeno's and cayenne pepper)
Heat the oil over medium heat and add the onion, peppers, and garlic. Season with spices (brown sugar-cinnamon) and sweat for 10 min or until onion is soft. Add tomatoes, beans, coffee, honey, and stock. Bring mixture to a boil, turn it down to the lowest heat, and simmer for 2-3 hours.
Thanks Emily. I love all the sweet recipes you post because I usually try them. This one sounds delicious. Have you ever posted any of your pizza ones?? I want to try those next. Love you and love your awesome food!
ReplyDeleteYou've got coffee in the instructions, but not ingredients... Looks amazing other than that. :-)
ReplyDelete