You know those days where you wake up at 6am and go to sleep at 2am and run around like a crazy person with no second to spare? Well, every single one of my days for the past three weeks has been like that. I am simply exhausted: emotionally, physically and mentally.
Seriously, it never ends. As a non-emotional person, these past three weeks have been very emotional and just pure exhausting. Just the other night my cute hubby was trying to give me a back massage before bed to try to calm my stress down. As I was laying in bed trying to get my t-shirt off for a better massage, my t-shirt got stuck and I couldn't get it off. I cracked and just lost it. I started crying and flailing like a two year old. Seriously, it was pathetic. All over me not being able to get my stupid t-shirt off.
It has seriously just been one thing after another. Honestly, I am just tired. I need a break, but can't afford to miss school or work.
Luckily I have an amazing husband who is so sweet to me and does what he can to help, even if it is just having extra patients or leaving me alone to regroup my recently very irregular emotions.
(and for all of you who are wondering, NO I am not pregnant... just very stressed).
But on the bright side of all of this, I graduate in December! I got a spectacular new internship about a month ago and love it. I work from home which allows a lot of flexibility but requires an incredible amount of discipline.
School is rough, between my senior capstone class and other tedious liberal art classes, they are keeping me very, very busy. It's a struggle getting started every day. Laying in bed just seems so much better than going to class. It's a struggle, but most days I am able to get out of bed (depending on the week).
I need motivation. Can I borrow someones please? It would only be for the next two months, I promise!
David is doing great. He's stressed as well and just tries to get through every day as it comes. Yesterday was the first time in FOREVER where we could sit down and watch a movie with just the two of us. We were so giddy and happy for us to have a couple of free hours to watch a movie. It was spectacular. And, I would highly recommend the movie Battle LA. It's a good action movie.
My family is doing great. My parents are officially empty-nesters as my baby sister left for college this fall. My mom has been keeping busy with her embroidery business and my dad is doing great as well.
Rachel and her boys are great as well. Just living life in good ol' Southern California with the two most ADORABLE little boys in the world. I am excited to spend THREE weeks in California over Christmas with my family and spoiling my two nephews to death. I just love and miss them so much. Aren't they just the cutest!?!
Well, that's enough for today. I'm pretty sure I have a research paper and other homework that's due tomorrow that I haven't even looked at yet...

YOU CAN DO IT!!! You're almost at the finish line! I'm so proud of you for following your dreams and working hard to get things done. Your constant hard work amazes me. YOU ARE AWESOME. In fact, look in the mirror every morning and say "I am awesome." Ten times if you need it :) I miss you and can't wait to see you sometime in the next year! Since you're graduating... how about a little trip to your home state of Arkansas?? There's great food and cooler people down here. Also- love to David!
ReplyDeleteI love you Emily! I know I am seeing this blog entry late, but you will succeed and be so happy in the end.
ReplyDeleteWhere are you interning? That is so wonderful. You know, I am in London and miss home so much somedays that it is hard to get outta bed, and you know? Some days I don't. But thats not every day; when I get out of bed I realize I can make it through.
How long have you and David been together for? Like 3 years now? Wow. time goes by too fast. I need you to meet Caleb. Soooo that means a trip to Arkansas, where we all miss you.
I love you Em, and pray for your success and happiness.