I unfortunately live in a very tiny apartment with no yard, and only a small porch. So, I have to take the challenge of container gardening. It's not so bad, but it limits you a lot with your options. I wish I could grow more fruits and veggies, but that will have to wait until I have more room in the future.
This year I decided to do some bulbs! I am very excited about this and chose two of my favorites: gladiolas and ranunculus. Gladiolas are the tall sword looking like flowers and ranunculus look like very soft, elegant, looser roses.
I also did some simple widow boxes with just a mix of flowers. I did a more wild-flower type look this year. I think it will be pretty once they start to grow into each other.
Here are some pictures of the beginning of my flower season:
Starting my flower boxes
Even added some cute little windmills :)
It seriously only took like a week and a half to get this tall! Some stems are about 10 inches tall. They grow about an inch every day. Very fun to see!
This is my ranunculus pot. This one has a little bud, took about a month to get this after planting.
Let me know how your Ranunculus turn out. For the past two years mine have done the same thing, grow the green stems and then die without producing flowers. I don't know what I am doing wrong, but I hope yours turn out.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! When I come out hopefully they'll be in full bloom! I'm learning the art of gardening from my mother as well and I love it. I never thought I would enjoy the dirt and weeding but it is very relaxing (we have a yard so then i had to clear a spot to actually plant on). I'm excited to see how all this turns out! You're awesome!
ReplyDelete