Sunday, May 1, 2011

Front Page!

Yes, I made front page on my fist day being a reporter! I'm very proud of myself!

I can get used to this whole "press pass" thing. I went to go cover my first article for Women's Conference at BYU and when I showed my press pass the security came and then escorted me to my very own row on the floor of the Marriott Center. Cool, right.

I know the article is lame, but I'm still proud of it. I have another story due tomorrow about a guy who died 3 years ago who received a prestigious award and then a controversial story about the BYU Bookstore due Wednesday.

It's going to be a busy week. I average about 5 hours a day in the studio working on stories. So far so good though. My editors are wonderful and all of my favorite classmates are in there with me as well.

If anyone has any good story ideas about BYU Campus, let me know!!

If you want to see the whole story, go to this link: http://universe.byu.edu/node/15670




Congrats to my best friend, Meg Pearson, for having a terrific article!



P.S. I love weddings! Congrats to Kara and Jordan Haws. Kara and David grew up together in Washington and still remain good friends. It was an beautiful wedding!


They got married at the Bountiful Temple! Gorgeous!

David's sister, Melanie, graduated this semester. Her and her recent husband are moving back up to Seattle where he got a job. She flew down for the day to attend the wedding as well. It was good to spend time with her, even if it was just for a few short hours. Love you Mel!



No comments:

Post a Comment