I have realized that if I make or buy junk food that my husband likes and that I don't care much for, that I will not be tempted to eat them. So, I have taken advantage of that on several occasions, such as buying sorbet instead of ice cream, or skittles instead of M&M's, or lemon glazed angle food cake instead of it topped with strawberries and whipped cream. This way, its a win-win situation. My hubby gets his favorite desserts that I am not tempted to eat them :)
I thought this cookie recipe would be one of those occasions, but I was wrong...
Here is the recipe for these scrumptious Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies that I got off of allrecipes.com
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
creme together, then add
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla (like usual, I add like 2 Tbs.)
In other bowl, sift together and then add to wet ingredients
1 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 salt
Then combine into mixture
3 cups rolled oats
1 2/3 cups butterscotch chips (1 bag)
Bake at 375 for 6-8 minutes
Just BE CAREFUL, oatmeal cookies can burn very easily! Watch them closely and when the edges turn remotely brown, take them out. The middle will finish cooking on the tray. Enjoy!
i just made these too!!!!! except i changed a few things after reading the "reviews"....i did some experimenting and they still turned out great :)
ReplyDelete