David and I knew that we were going to get married long before we got engaged. We hadn't made it official because we wanted to have a ring involved for that. David and I were in a long distance relationship for a year and visited each other a couple times a month during that time. We knew we wanted to get married that summer and decided to get our "engagement photos" taken the week before my semester got out and I moved back up to Seattle.
My best friends sister is a photographer and I wanted her to take our photos and this weekend worked out great for all of us. My mom had come down for that weekend to help me pack up my things (and to also help start buying and picking up things for the expected summer wedding) and went with me down to Salt Lake City for the weekend to visit with David.
Keep in mind, David and I weren't "officially" engaged at the time, and I had no ring.
My mom and best friend were at the photography shoot with David and I. It was a wet a snowy weekend, and we were so lucky and blessed to have a good couple hours of shooting time in downtown SLC.
As we were in the middle of taking one of the shoots, my best friend came walking towards me with a rose with a note on it. I knew at this time that the moment I had been dreaming and waiting for for a while now was about to happen. I started to laugh and cry. My mother then came walking towards me with another rose with a note on it. I then saw David come to me with another rose. I opened this note to find my beautiful ring in this letter.
Then David got down on one knee and asked me if I would marry him, and I said YES!
I will never forget when David proposed to me. I was and still am the happiest girl alive.
My beautiful ring! David picked it out all by himself too! I wanted nothing to do with the whole process because I knew he had great taste. The only thing I told him was that I wanted a low setting. I think he did a pretty good job!
I actually bought my wedding dress a few days before I was engaged. lol. I only had one weekend to pick out my dress (because I knew there wouldn't be any modest ones in Seattle), and had to get one fast. This was actually the first dress I tried on and knew it was the one. I felt like a princess :)



No comments:
Post a Comment